Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happiness is... By Kelly K. Brown

Do you ever wake up in a funk? No bad dreams, a good night’s sleep---you know, nothing’s really wrong… and yet you still find your mind wandering to thoughts that don’t serve you (or anyone really). More than anything you want to just ‘shake it off’ and somehow for reasons unknown the escape from these thoughts eludes you.

Well that is how I occasionally wake up and today just happened to be one of those days… in my first moment of awareness of this, I made a decision to just breathe for a few and started thinking of things I like.

It wasn’t too long before something from the past popped into my mind. Remember in the 70’s (for those who were around then!) the ‘Happiness is…’ slogans? Well as soon as that came to mind, I was filled with good thoughts of what Happiness is to ME… and in less than 5 minutes, I was ‘right as rain’ as they say! I hope you enjoy my list and will add a few of your own!

Happiness is… acceptance of my life exactly as it is today and how it is in every single moment!

Happiness is… focusing my thoughts and intentions on how I’d like things to go as the day moves forward with a wonderful acceptance that things will go ‘exactly’ as they are meant to---and that’s okay.

Happiness is… the sun as it shines through my window and reminds me ‘all is well’ in the world---another day has begun and I am once again lucky enough to live it!

Happiness is… knowing my existence matters in the scheme of things and that everything happens for a reason and that reason serves me.

Happiness is… my steamy hot morning cup of tea!

Happiness is… the joy I feel inside when I remember WHO I really am!

Happiness is... the way I feel inside about trees, clouds, birds and their morning songs, and the Abundant Universe evident in nature all around me!

Happiness is… Personal Freedom! Freedom in each moment to choose my thoughts, feelings and intentions---knowing every other person has that same ability and right at their disposal in every moment.

Happiness is… the way wonderfully soft materials (like my fleece sheets or that furry coat above!) feel in my hands when I touch them!

Happiness is… knowing today I will have the opportunity to give unconditional love to another human being… and knowing there will be those who will share theirs with me.

Happiness is… saying ‘Good Morning’ to my baby kitty everyday!

Happiness is… growing, learning, changing, accepting and loving the journey I call My Life!

What about you? Happiness is… ??? What thoughts bring happiness about in your inner world? Take a few minutes and start your day off with a few of your own and watch how things change!

Happiness is… getting to share my good morning thoughts with YOU!

Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment